Monday, August 29, 2011

Splurging.

Since I first met the lovely Elizabeth Tolley, I knew I needed to invest in some "good" makeup. Not the crap you can get in your local drug store.

Well... in college & after I used Rimmel foundation. I thought it was step up from the Maybelline liquid my mom had used (I was so wrong).

I then decided to try the Bare Minerals stuff. Loved it.... but recently I've needed a change. I decided it was time to take the plunge.

A few weeks ago I bought some Maybelline Fit blush.... hated it. The color just wasn't there, it wasn't working for me. Decided it was time to finally get that Nars blush Elizabeth used on my wedding day.... Nars Peaches. To the mall I went.

I went in for 2 reasons.... blush & nailpolish. I splurged on a bottle of Essie last weekend while in Wilmington... wow. worth every penny of the $8 I spent on that bottle. It lasts SO much longer than crappy nailpolish! It didn't chip for 5 days last week... I repainted them on Saturday for a wedding & they haven't chipped yet.

"Lady Like"


Well, Sephora carries Dior foundation. I asked one of the sales girls if  there was ANYTHING comparable to it.... she sadly shook her head & told me no, it really is the best. So, I splurged. $60+ for a can of spray foundation is more than double I've ever spent on any makeup product. I'm 3 days in using it.... OMG... so love! It's a super fast application & covers like a dream. I didn't use any concealer this morning :-)

I'll let you know how long it lasts. Sephora's website says about 60 days.



Here's the blush I came out with... Nars Sex Appeal. It seems to be a little light for my skin (I'm always afraid of getting a color too dark!) So maybe next time I'll go for something with more color.

.....

While in Wilmington (when I got the Essie) I also picked up some lip stain. I think it's the new thing for girls my age. We don't wear lipstick, so this is what the cosmetic industry has come up with to sell us something. I picked up "flushed". This stuff is the ticket! It goes on and doesn't come off on anything! Nothing gunky or sticky :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment