Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I've joined.....

Weight Watchers.

Not something I ever thought I would feel like I had to do. Do I think I'm fat? No. Do other people think I'm fat? No. (Well, except the asshole who thought I was pregnant at Cracker Barrel.... ugh!)

However... when you've always been a size 4/6 until the last couple of years, and nothing is fitting right, your arms look flabby in anything sleeveless.... and you have a job where you sit all day... this is a problem.

I joined online on Sunday. So far, I'm learning that many things I thought were ok to eat... really aren't, and should be had in moderation.

I am allotted 22 points per day, with a 35 point weekly allowance.... meaning I can go over a little each day, or have a couple of really bad things. When you've been eating like me... it's easy to go over your points... :-(

This is a big adjustment. Wish me well.

4 comments:

  1. Please keep us posted on how it goes. I was a size 2 for most of my adult life, then it crept up to a 4, and now nothing fits and I'm squishy in all the wrong places, and I, too, feel the effects of a desk job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will try and do a weekly post to update everyone. I picked Sunday as my weigh in date... so maybe every Monday I will update my status! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you on taking a step in the right direction. I know a lot of people that have had really good success with WW, and I bet you will too! I also like the idea of posting your status on Mondays, so do it.

    Good luck!

    www.tamara-camera.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. WW is really a great program. I lost tons of weight when I was following the program back in 2006. (Unfort I started letting things slide once I got to my goal and have now gotten back up above where I first started). I would love to read about your progress. I hope you have great success with it!!

    ReplyDelete