Monday, April 4, 2011

Great Weekend.

This weekend we decided to get some R&R at our beach lot down at Carolina Beach. It didn't start out well, but we had a good time.

We arrived about 7PM and started setting up our camp site. Tent up, fire pit out. I took off to the grocery to buy beer, water & ice. I came back & still no fire was going.... Jeremy was having a rough time. And... when I pulled up the dogs went nuts (they were tethered) and pulled our tailgate tent over... bending 2 of the 4 legs.... ruined it. We hope that the manufacturer will sell us 2 legs so we can just replace them without buying a whole new tent.

oh yeah... and it was 40 degrees. I crawled in the tent with the doggies & snuggled down in the covers. None of us got too much sleep thanks to the cold weather. I really thought my feet never would warm up. Camping = 1, J&J = 0

Saturday was great. We woke up, got Port City (which, ahem was the FIRST time I've had Starbucks/Port City in TWO weeks!) and then headed off to the beach. We took the pups for a nice long 1.5 hour long walk at Ft. Fisher. Then it was lunch time! Swung by the campsite where our cooler was & made sandwiches to take to the dog park. The next 1.5 hours were spent at the Carolina Beach dog park.... so fun! Lots of doggies there to play with.... including 2 other puggles! We spent the rest of our afternoon hanging out at the campsite & then we took a walk around our block to see all the houses. There's a brand new house we really like, and we scoped it out.  Shoulda taken a photo of it.

Then we'd had enough of being nasty.... Karen & Paul invited us over for hot showers, pizza & final four basketball.... awesome way to end our weekend :-) We ended up sleeping on their couches, Jeremy wasn't feeling great, and it was chilly. Packed up & made it home by 3 yesterday.

We showered, and relaxed for a bit. Then I decided to make a trip to TJ Maxx & Marshalls. It was a quick trip, and I wasn't looking for anything in particular... but came home with lots of goodies!

2 Dresses, 2 Pairs of shoes, 2 Jackets & a purse! I also got Jeremy a pair of Lucky jeans & Izod seersucker shorts. 

The 2 dresses are the same, one greenish/yellow & the other black. They were just good cotton dresses & I couldn't decide which I liked better. At only $20 each, it was easy to bring them both home (brown belt I already had)

Shoes: I've needed some neutral sandals for a while. I love my rainbows, but aren't good for dressier stuff. These are comfy & stylish :-) $34.
The black ones are great! They're super cute with a low heel. $20 on clearance.


 
2 Jackets: The leopard print one was just too cute to leave in the store... I need a tan shell to wear under it though..... $20! (it's fully lined). Black one.... I picked it up.... it was a small.... I thought likely won't fit, but I'll try it. Thew it on.... it fit! It's a little snug through the shoulders, but I am losing weight! Should fit even better soon! $20, also fully lined.  The leopard print one is a small too :-)


I splurged on the purse... it's a tan clutch by HOBO. I'll take a photo of it later.

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. I saw those sandals this weekend! I did a bit of shopping as well. Yay for great finds.

    ReplyDelete