Monday, February 7, 2011

Decisions.

Jeremy drove 12 hours for a 20 minute interview. Blah. He said he really liked the company, but not the idea of moving.

Him having this interview really made us realize we don't want to move. We have so much invested here now. Had it been 6 months ago, we might think different. Our business has really grown here in NC, and it would be difficult to walk away from the success we've had so far, and start over in a new city.

It made us realize that we would be in the same situation, only 6 hours away.... Jeremy would have a job & I wouldn't. We'd also incur the cost of moving as well as carrying a mortgage and paying rent in a different city. It just doesn't make sense to leave.

So, for now, we are still holding out hope for a job opening in Charlotte....

On another note... I've randomly applied for a new job in Charlotte. I certainly have not been looking for one, but somehow I got on a mailing list of nonprofit jobs that are available. Sometimes I'll click to see whats open... and bam... the Jr. League of Charlotte was hiring. I applied, but don't know that it will go anywhere.


Happy Monday!

2 comments:

  1. I definitely see your point of view, that's quite a bit change for a new job. Hoping he finds something local so you don't have to go through all of that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must admit, it makes me happy to hear you guys want to try and stick around these parts :)

    P.S. I nominated you for a Stylish Blogger Award. Check out my blog for details!

    ReplyDelete