Monday, December 21, 2009

Projects, Projects, Projects!

So, you know me! I gotta have a project going on all the time!

I've decided, I'd like to redecorate our downstairs! This is what it currently looks like.....

IMG_0641

IMG_0631

I painted the green in the dining area right when we moved in, and the accent wall in the living room shortly after. They are actually 2 different color greens, but no one ever realizes it.....

I have decided that I'm over this.... it's fun and bright, but I think I want to change it to more relaxed.... and stylish :-) I think I'm going with a gray/orange/ivory color palate.....

I plan to remove the tulip painting (although I do love it.... maybe reuse it somewhere else) and hang black and white prints (either 2 or 3) of our wedding over the sofa. Paint the green wall a nice gray, make or buy some new curtains (maybe a gray stripe?) and make cornice (pelmet) boxes over the windows.

I'd like to do the same in the dining area- repaint it gray and put some curtains on that awful looking window... it looks sad!

orange-and-gray-modern-urban-wedding-inspiration-board-1
from Snippit and Ink

I'd like to do this maybe the Sunday after Christmas.... we'll see!

up next- bedroom projects :-)

1 comment:

  1. wow, love the color palette of gray/orange/ivory! a very chic choice. can't wait to see how it turns out :)

    ReplyDelete