Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Wingback Woes.

After reading tutorial after tutorial I decided I could reupholster my wingback chair.....

well.... ladies & gents.... I'm 4.5 hours into the process.... and I've only removed about 1/2 the fabric from the chair. There are more staples holding that thing together than you could ever imagine.

I confess, I ended up ripping the outside of the "wings" off.... getting up in the curve to remove the staples was just too maddening.

This was taken just before I called it quits at 10PM last night.


  1. Ugh- I hate when DIY projects seem way easier than they end up being! Good luck girl! You can do it!

  2. I've been wanting to do this but I haven't found a chair yet. I really want one for our bedroom. I can't wait to see the finished product.

  3. It's not hard... just unbelievably time consuming. I am to the point now, I am ripping the fabric because the staples are in so tight, I can't get a screwdriver under them to pry them out :-/