Friday, October 16, 2009

De-Virgin-izing the Coveted Kitchen-aid Mixer

Jeremy's parents were so wonderful to buy us our Kitchen-aid Mixer a couple of months ago, and since then, it's been sitting in our kitchen, pristine, and unused. ( I tried REALLY hard to not use any wedding or shower gifts till this week!)

Last night, the glory of the beautiful, red, metal machine got to me. I had to use it. I didn't care what I made, but I had to use it. After determining that I was one ingredient short of making sugar cookies, I headed to the grocery store. I asked Jeremy before I left what he wanted me to make, since I had to go to the store, why just settle for sugar cookies? He requested chocolate chip.

Well, I bought chocolate chips, and white chocolate chips. Then the de-virgin-izing began.

I ended up with chocolate cookies with white chocolate chips. I followed the recipe on the back of the Nestle bag.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

We also hung one of the wonderful wedding gifts we received in the dining room :-)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment:

  1. Haha! I was given the same gift for my wedding. Previously I had no interest in making anything like that, but once I started using it - choc chip cookie bars, pumpkin bread, you name it I've probably made it now.

    ReplyDelete